- Dear newspapers: Where are the links?
- Tehran 2.0
- Jörg Tauss: Symbolfigur für das Unbehagen mit der SPD
- Die Krise der parlamentarischen Demokratie
- Adding value in the new news ecosystem
- Cory Doctorow über Media Literacy
- Twitter heading off editorial cliff?
- Is Google Reader Starting To Bore You? Switch To Feedly!
- Iran 2009
- SPD-Politikerin wünscht sich europaweite Web-Sperren
- Evernote 3.0 Makes Syncing Instantaneous, Improves Capture Speed [Downloads]
- Songbird 1.2 Integrates into iTunes and iPods [Downloads]
- 8% Of Internet Pirating Video – More Prisons Needed
- The Way I Work, annotated
- The Changing Subscriber Definition Points to Potential Over Actual
- How Twitter is Changing the World of Professional Poker
- Richard Stallman zu ACTA
- Twitter tries to make follower counts slightly less meaningless
– „Sehr viele grundrechtsbeeinträchtigende Gesetze wurden in den letzten Jahren erst nachträglich vom Bundesverfassungsgericht gestoppt, weil das Parlament augenscheinlich nicht mehr dazu in der Lage ist, den Grundrechtsschutz der Bürger ausreichend zu gewährleisten und verfassungswidrige Gesetze bedenkenlos durchgewunken werden.“
– „The New York Times keeps talking about how expensive its Baghdad bureau is and what a fix we’d be in without it. Well, the essential truth in Iran is that no one has a Tehran bureau (or if they do, it has been rendered useless by government diktat). So we have no choice but to replace that bureau with the people, with witnesses empowered to share what they see.“
– Vielleicht sollte ich Feedly mit GReader-Integration nochmal eine Chance geben.
– Evernote rockt.
– „Reuters is reporting today that among the French, German, British, and American populations, 8% are pirating online video. Not 8% of 18-28 year old males with laptops, but 8% of all consumers. [..]Prohibition failed, as will locked down data for consumers. Not passing judgement on whether pirating is ethical, but my god it does seem inevitable.“
– „When you’re coding you really have to be in the zone so I’ll listen to a single song over and over on repeat, hundreds of times. It helps me focus. The other best way to focus is to turn off email and instant messenger. The moment that little toaster pops up and says “you’ve got mail” you’re taken out of the flow. You’re juggling variables and functions and layouts and the moment you look away it all falls to the ground — it takes you 10 minutes getting it back in the air again.“
– „Poker is a psychological game – and you can imagine how the pros are strategizing about their use of this new method of communication.
„People are calling it Tweet bluffing,“ Sebok says. „It’s a game within a game situation and it’s effected the way the games go. It’s enabling the fans at home to climb into the minds of the players but if they are smart they know they can climb into each others‘ minds too: to see who tilts, who rolls with the bad situations and who flies off the handle. Players spread misinformation like ‚I’m going to play tight‘ when they are really going to play loose. We do that verbally but since Twitter is written, it seems more believable. But it’s just the beginning of all this, it’s blown up in last 2 or 3 months.““
– „The reason I remind people to think about the term “intellectual property” is that I believe its confusion gives great help to our enemies in the long term. Repeating their propaganda is an own-goal.“