- Reuters Steps Up; Says Linking, Excerpting, Sharing Are Good Things For The News
- PubSubHubbub support for Reader shared items
- Copyright Conundrum: Was 'Public Domain' Music Silenced On YouTube?
- Data Driven Journalism
- The Sausage Factory: Thoughts on the New Media and the Old
- Tesco API: Warum Händler Entwickler-Schnittstellen brauchen
- Die Verschwörungstheorien um das Zugangserschwerungsgesetz
- Digg will finally allow other sites, apps to add content
- The abundance upon which the network economy is built…
- Startups unite to drive nail into the coffin of Internet Explorer 6
- boing boing and baked-in sociality etc.
- Amanda Palmer Talks About Connecting With Fans: Fans WANT To Support Artists
- Explaining Why 'If We Charge, People Will Pay' Thinking Is Misguided
- tilo bonow kennt twitter
- Neue Comics via iPhone-App
- MySpace to Unveil Integration With Sites Around the Web, Using Open Standards
- Musikgenuss ohne Labels
- the "ignore everybody" prints, pre-order at $275.00, with a $50.00 deposit.
- RSS Is Doing Great, But Stand-Alone Feed Readers Are Collapsing
– “ If you found out a piece of music was in the public domain, it’s natural to assume that a recording of that same piece of music is in the public domain. And to make things more confusing, that’s absolutely true (in the US at least) of a photograph of a public domain painting. But making a new recording of a public domain song? Bam. A new monopoly created. „
– „nur in deutschland, und es ist echt mühsam das in einer endlosschleife immer und immer wieder zu wiederholen, gibts da noch nicht mal ein problembewusstsein, hier konzentriert man alle energie auf den kampf gegen windmühlen“ ay :(
– „Traditional media often gets on its high-horse when talking about blogs because “bloggers don’t have to meet rigorous fact-checking standards”. I’m sorry, but that’s bullshit. What does it matter if you get the facts straight, but you’re totally distorting what they mean? Plus, I’ve had enough reporters screw up the facts I give them to know that they’re no more reliable than bloggers.
Old media is dying. I, for one, will not mourn its passing.“
– „The more networks a product or service can join, the more powerful it becomes.“
– „Saying that if photographers all refused to do stock photography they’d all get paid more is like saying that if restaurants all refused to give customers napkins without charging they’d all make a bundle on napkin sales. It’s like saying that if local bands refused to play for drinks at dive bars, they’d all make good money playing music.
It’s also like saying that if news organizations stopped giving away content on the Web, people would pay for news content online. It’s absurd.“
– Seit einigen Monaten mein Desktophintergrund.