Lesenswerte Analysen, Hintergrundberichte und interessante News:
- Culture is Anti-Rivalrous "It's important to treat scarce goods as scarce, abundant goods as abundant, rivalrous goods as rivalrous, and so on. Wall Street treated money, a scarce and rivalrous good, as though it were infinite/non-rivalrous, and look what happened. Power companies, and the politicians they own, treat the environment, which is a rivalrous commons, as though it were non-rivalrous, and we have dying oceans and mass extinctions and other events you don't want to think about so much that you'll just get mad at me if I point them out here so I'll stop. The RIAA and MPAA, and the politicians they own, treat Culture, which is anti-rivalrous, as though it's rivalrous. They are doing for Culture what Wall Street did for the economy. If you want to help make this better, treat Culture like what it is: an anti-rivalrous good that increases in value the more it is used."
- The Copyright Lobby Absolutely Loves Child Pornography "“My friends,” Schlüter said. “We must filter the Internet to win over online file sharing. But politicians don’t understand that file sharing is bad, and this is a problem for us. Therefore, we must associate file sharing with child pornography. Because that’s something the politicians understand, and something they want to filter off the Internet.”"
- Mit einer einstweiligen Verfügung gegen Transparenz und öffentlichen Bürgerdialog
- The Google+ Ecosystem is Slowly Expanding – Even Without an API
- New Localicious app shows why some devs prefer Android
- Is Google+ More Facebook or More Twitter? Yes
- Takedown notice for monkey self-portrait wow
- Kobo Launches Germany's Largest E-Bookstore, Beating Out Amazon "The German Kobo store will have 2.4 million e-books, including 80,000 German-language e-books. By contrast, the German Kindle store has about 785,000 e-books, including about 25,000 German-language e-books. (The German Kindle Store is currently Amazon’s only foreign-language Kindle Store, though it launched the UK Kindle Store last year.)"
- Why I left Google. What happened to my book. What I work on at Facebook. "Google values technology, not social science."
- Die Serendipitätsmaschine Ein ähnliches Erlebnis, wie einige jetzt mit G+ erleben, hatte ich seinerzeit schon einmal mit FriendFeed. Followerprinzip und kommentierbarer Stream scheinen eine gute Kombination zu sein.
- Das Elend des investigativen Journalismus
Weitere Linktipps zu lesenswerten Artikeln.