Lesenswerte Analysen, Hintergrundberichte und interessante News:
- Wir müssen eine neue Fanpage starten | Futurebiz Ob Automattic ein Blog namens WordPressbiz oder Automatticbiz auf wordpresscom sperren würde?
- Europe Thinks Open Data Could Add €40 Billion To Its Economy | paidContent "The European Commission is proposing to legislate to force all the continent’s public bodies to open up their data for re-use by citizens and private developers, and also wants to give “internet survival packs” to hacktivists challenging repressive regimes."
- Global smartphone penetration nearing 10% | asymco "There are 3.7 billion non-smart connections and 0.6 billion smartphones in use. Although not all of these 3.7 billion connections need to be enabled with a smartphone, the fact remains that there are six times as many non-consuming network connections that can still be addressed."
- Twitvid Launches Social Video Network with 12 Million Users "Today, Twitvid is announcing that it is transforming its clip sharing site into a social video network that allows you to share video from any sources with friends and followers. The new Twitvid will allow you to follow topics or people that interest them and get their content delivered in a personal video feed."
- Universal: Artists didn’t consent to Megaupload video — Tech News and Analysis "The brouhaha around Megaupload’s viral music video continues this week, with Universal Music (UMG) now claiming that several of its artists didn’t consent to being used in the video. Megaupload is disputing these claims in a lawsuit it filed in federal court today."
- Google Acquires Clever Sense, Creator Of Local Recommendations App Alfred | TechCrunch Google macht einige moves im mobilen Sektor.
- Gowalla Went For $3M In Facebook Shares, And Many Investors Were Cool With That | TechCrunch "That and multiple sources are telling me that a majority of Gowalla investors were cool with the deal being entirely in Facebook shares, because those are likely to be more profitable moving forward — as Facebook approaches IPO."
- Apple Softens Stance to Lure Mobile Ads – WSJ.com "Apple has also introduced more flexibility to a pricing structure that had befuddled advertisers, ad executives say. Instead of charging marketers every time a user taps on an ad—a policy which often led to ad budgets quickly being exhausted—Apple is willing to put a cap on what it charges for the taps, according to the person. Advertisers pay $10 every time an ad is viewed a thousand times and $2 every time it is tapped on."
- Pinboard.in for the iPhone and iPad Anleitung für Bookmarklet von Pinboard auf dem iPad und iPhone.
- rara.com: Neuer On-Demand-Streaming-Dienst für 99 Cent die ersten 3 Monate
- WordPress 3.3 Released To The Masses; Includes iPad Optimization, Tumblr Importer And More | TechCrunch Tumblr-Importer. Sign o' the times.
Weitere Linktipps zu lesenswerten Artikeln.