Lesenswerte Analysen, Hintergrundberichte und interessante News:
- Humbling the Shameless Samwer Brothers | PandoDaily "In my opinion, it’s the worst kind of entrepreneur. There’s no commitment or belief in what they’re building if memos like that one above are to be believed– they’re just shallow profit-seekers."
- Facebook Announces That Open Graph is Live "Now that Open Graph is available to more developers, we’ll see more verbs other than “listen”, like “watching”, “reading”, and more. The company has strict guidelines over acceptable verbs, so it will be interesting to see how creative developers get."
- Summify Joins The Flock At Twitter! | Summify Twitter kauft Summify, dessen Angebot (von vielen Twitterkontakten verlinkte Artikel in täglicher Email) in den nächsten Wochen eingestellt wird.
- Pages With Too Many Ads "Above The Fold" Now Penalized By Google’s "Page Layout" Algorithm "Sites using pop-ups, pop-unders or overlay ads are not impacted by this. It only applies to static ads in fixed positions on pages themselves, Google told me."
- Angebliche verbreitete Meinung: Man darf im Internet für Arbeit kein Geld verlangen | Leander Wattig Beliebtes rhetorisches Mittel: Dem Gegenüber radikale Positionen unterstellen und dann kopfschüttelnd auf die Radikalität der Position verweisen.
- Why the feds smashed Megaupload Gute Zusammenfassung.
- Amazon Kindle Fire: More Profitable Than Expected? – Forbes “Our assumption is that AMZN could sell 3-4 million Kindle Fire units in Q4, and that those units are accretive to company-average operating margin within the first six months of ownership. Our analysis assigns a cumulative lifetime operating income per unit of $136, with a cumulative operating margin of over 20%. We believe these insights could ease some investor concerns around operating margin compression per Kindle Fire unit in 2012, which bodes well for Amazon shares.”
- HuffPo Partners With L’Espresso For ‘L’Huffington Post Italy’ | paidContent "The local media partnerships offer a different kind of expansion help. Instead of being the outsider jumping in to fill a gap or do X, Y or Z better than anyone already on the scene, HuffPo is the outsider working with entrenched insiders to blend aggregation, original reporting and local blogging in a true national edition."
- Post-SOPA: the path forward for addressing piracy "These measures won't put an end to online piracy; to do so, you would need a 'Net so architected around control and authentication that it would hardly resemble the 'Net we have today. Can a plan on the lines proposed cause the jolly pirates running The Pirate Bay to scuttle their boat? Possibly not. Will it provide a simple way to take down specific live streams of sporting events in real time? No.
But SOPA was unlikely to succeed at this either. And, as the content industries have told me in person for years, their antipiracy efforts aren't about stopping piracy; they're about curbing its excesses so legal efforts can flourish."
- Literature and Latte – Scrivener "a word processor and project management tool that stays with you from that first, unformed idea all the way through to the final draft. Outline and structure your ideas, take notes, view research alongside your writing and compose the constituent pieces of your text in isolation or in context. Scrivener won't tell you how to write – it just makes all the tools you have scattered around your desk available in one application."
Weitere Linktipps zu lesenswerten Artikeln.